I'm going to date myself severely now. Here are the top 100 songs from when I graduated from high school. That would be 1991. Highlights include:
It was apparently an oversexed year, with number
2. I Wanna Sex You Up, Color Me Badd--not just bad, BADD, Ooooooooo, I wanna sex you UP!
3. Gonna Make You Sweat, C+C Music Factory. You say no, I say yessssss. Well, actually I say no too.
And some songs I can't remember, like:
8. I Like The Way (The Kissing Game), Hi-Five I mean dude, not only can I not remember the SONG, I can't even remember the GROUP. And it was #8?
18. I Adore Mi Amor, Color Me Badd Not having been a Color me BADD fan, I had to look this one up and it's vaguely coming back to me. Excuse me while I push it out of my head now.
24. Romantic, Karyn White Again, song? No clue. Artist? No clue. Okay, I just listened to it on iTunes and I always thought that was a Paula Abdul song. Hunh.
26. Hold You Tight, Tara Kemp Again, song? No clue. Artist? No clue. Thought it was Paula Abdul? Right again.
29. Sensitivity, Ralph Tresvant See above, sans Paula Abdul.
There are the songs that made me wish I lacked eardrums, like:
1. (Everything I Do) I Do It For You, Bryan Adams #1? Try #1 Most Overplayed Song!
10. Baby, Baby, Amy Grant Strangely enough I was just thinking about this song tonight.
12. Because I Love You (The Postman Song), Stevie B Because come ON, anything with the subtitle "The Postman Song" should never have been made, let alone made it to the top of the charts.
13. Someday, Mariah Carey Any song by Mariah Carey fits in this category
15. From A Distance, Bette Midler Ahhhh! My ears! My ears!
27. You're In Love, Wilson Phillips Oh god, now the video is stuck in my head! Audio AND visual!
9. The First Time, Surface Lyrics: "The first time I looked into your eyes I cried..." My lyrics: "The first time I heard this song I screamed and tore my hair out." Okay, the meter is a bit off, but the sentiment is there.
There are songs that looked familiar but I felt compelled to look them up on iTunes and now I really wish I hadn't:
16. All The Man That I Need, Whitney Houston Seriously. Whitney Houston. What was I thinking?
19. Love Will Never Do (Without You), Janet Jackson That was Janet Jackson? Because I could have SWORN it was Paula Abdul.
23. Joyride, Roxette I think at one time I liked this song but that time is definitely not now.
30. Touch Me (All Night Long), Cathy Dennis Are you SURE it's not Paula Abdul?
And yes, there are some songs I do like:
6. Unbelievable, EMF You're unbelievable OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!
7. More Than Words, Extreme I associate this more with college than with high school. Well, the above song too.
11. Motownphilly, Boyz II Men Hee hee hee--it's catchy!
14. High Enough, Damn Yankees No idea why I like this one but I do.
17. Right Here, Right Now, Jesus Jones Ah, it's the fall of the Berlin Wall! It's the first Gulf War! It's the end of Communism! Watching the world wake up from history!
33. Losing My Religion, R.E.M. Woo hoo! Still a great song and always will be!
Posted by Shelby at March 30, 2006 12:07 AM