March 14, 2005

Not Out of the Woods Yet

We just got back from the vet, taking Scouter in for her re-check. The good news is that she's gained 1 pound back. The bad news is that her lymph nodes are still very swollen, and the antibiotics should have cleared that up but didn't. The vet discussed several options--abdominal ultrasound, full body ultrasound, ultrasound of the lymph node area (neck), another needle aspiration and biopsy, tissue biopsy, wait and see. Finally I said, "If this was your dog, what would you do?" He said he would do the full body ultrasound, plus neck ultrasound, plus another needle aspiration and biopsy guided by the ultrasound. So that's what we're going with. She's acting fine, but I really want to get to the bottom of this--and more importantly, if it is something serious, I don't want to regret down the line that we had the opportunity to catch and treat it sooner but we didn't. This is going to cost us a fortune, unfortunately, but I think it's worth it for the peace of mind of finding out what's going on with the Small Dog.

Posted by Shelby at March 14, 2005 02:46 PM

Poor Scout! Gypsy is on my lap (snoring) but we both send our love and best wishes for Scout's health! We'll be thinking of all of you during all those tests!

Posted by: staz at March 14, 2005 06:26 PM
Sadly, Further Comments Have Been Disabled ...

Due to a never-ending flood of comment spam, we've decided to disable comments for all blog entries past a certain age. If you'd like to comment on a closed blog entry, say something in one of the newer entries or E-mail the author.

-- Apologies, The Management